What is Invisalign
At Brooklyn Heights Dental, our mission is to deliver innovative and effective treatments that empower our patients to smile with confidence again. Dr. Eugene Stanislaus has helped countless patients transform their smiles with discreet, easy-to-use Invisalign clear aligners.
Invisalign corrects crooked or misaligned teeth by gradually moving them into place. They’re made of patented SmartTrack® material, making them one of the most comfortable orthodontic solutions available. Watch your smile transform beautifully with Invisalign and the help from our well-trained team at Brooklyn Heights Dental.
Who Needs Invisalign
If you want to feel confident about your smile again and crave for a solution engineered to meet your unique needs, then Invisalign may be for you. We use Invisalign for both simple and complex cases and is a great treatment option for both teens and adults.
The first step to straightening your smile with clear braces is visiting Brooklyn Heights Dental for a consultation and learning whether you’re a candidate for Invisalign. There are many common orthodontic issues that the Invisalign system can help you correct, including:
- Crowded Teeth – Not enough space for all your teeth fit normally.
- Widely Spaced Teeth – Having too much space between one or more teeth.
- Crossbite/Overbite/Underbite – Misaligned jaw placement causing both the upper and lower jaw to line up incorrectly.
- Crooked Teeth – When one or more teeth are not in line with each other.
While all of these issues can easily be corrected using the Invisalign system, it’s important that you visit an experienced Invisalign provider. Dr. Stanislaus is ready to curate a customized treatment plan that will get you started on your journey towards a healthy, flawless smile.
A Step-by-Step Process
- After your initial consultation, we will take precise digital impressions of your teeth and moth which are then submitted to the Invisalign Laboratory.
- Invisalign uses your impressions to create a series of virtually invisible plastic aligners that are custom-designed to shift your teeth into proper alignment progressively, gradually, and gently.
- Your aligners are then 3D-printed and delivered to our office where you’ll pick them up. Each set of aligners is worn for one to two weeks. Every six to eight weeks, you will return for a visit to our office and pick up your next batch of aligners.
- Each treatment plan is tailored to the unique needs of the patient. While no two patients are the same, many times, treatment can be completed in as little as three to six months. It may take longer depending on the complexity of each case.
Invisalign vs. Metal Braces
When it comes to straightening crooked or misaligned teeth, traditional braces have always been the go-to treatment. After many decades of success, traditional braces have long been considered the tried-and-true method of correcting malocclusion problems.
While evolution in the treatment has seen braces become sleeker and less noticeable, metal braces have earned a reputation for being uncomfortable and unattractive. Traditional orthodontics requires that metal wires, brackets, rubber bands, and even spacers in some cases are permanently cemented to your teeth.
Fortunately, Invisalign provides a new way to straighten teeth that are both comfortable, invisible, and removable. While you might experience some discomfort when you first swap aligners, this is nothing compared to the soreness that accompanies tightening braces or cuts from broken wires.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Made of a clear, BPA free, medical grade plastic
- Custom-made and metal-free
- Comfortable and easy to wear all day
- Removable for proper brushing, flossing, and eating
Brooklyn’s Invisalign Cases
Andrea first came to Dr. Stanislaus’ office with severe overlapping and crowding of her teeth and was interested in starting the process of Invisalign. Andrea went through the entire procedure of Invisalign with Dr.Stanislaus in his Brooklyn Heights Dental Office from beginning to end and is now ecstatic with the finishing results and her new and improved smile.
Marjorie always had one tooth that was out of place, causing her to have an open bite for her entire life which made it difficult for her to eat. But after coming to Dr. Eugene Stanislaus’ Brooklyn Heights Dental Office and starting the process of Invisalign Marjorie’s teeth are now properly aligned and she could enjoy her favorite foods.
Nicholas was always self-conscious about the spaces between his teeth and the outward protrusion of his teeth. After visiting Dr. Eugene Stanislaus’ Brooklyn Heights Dental Office, invisalign treatment was recommended. The Invisalign process took only nine months, and now Nicholas is ecstatic about the beautiful alignment of his teeth. He cannot stop smiling!
Discover Invisalign with Dr. Stanislaus
Invisalign can treat a wide variety of common orthodontic issues like crooked teeth, simple or complex crowded teeth, gaps in teeth, bite issues, and even jaw problems. Only a trained and experienced Invisalign provider like Dr. Stanislaus can accurately determine whether Invisalign will be an effective treatment for your unique dental circumstance. Contact Brooklyn Dental Heights to learn more about your new smile makeover.