Get The Smile of Your Dreams
Having straight teeth is more than an aesthetic feature to your smile. Misaligned teeth can lead to a host of oral health problems, putting you at a higher risk for developing tooth decay and gum disease. At Brooklyn Heights Dental, our mission is to deliver innovative and effective treatments that’ll empower our patients to smile with confidence.
Invisalign® Vs. Metal Braces
Invisalign® is an orthodontic treatment that gradually shifts your teeth to perfect alignment without the hassle of metal braces. These clear aligners are completely removable, allowing you to eat comfortably and clean them with ease.
Traditional braces have always been the go-to treatment for straightening crooked or misaligned teeth. However, metal wires, brackets, rubber bands, and spacers make traditional braces an uncomfortable and unattractive orthodontic solution.
Fortunately, Invisalign® provides a more comfortable way to straighten teeth that’s both discreet and removable. While you may experience some discomfort when you first swap aligners, it’s nothing compared to the soreness of tightening braces or cuts from broken wires.
Invisalign® clear aligners have shown effective results in pre-teens, teenagers, and adults of all ages. This treatment has been proven to work for almost any patient who’s committed to wearing their aligners for the required time of 20 to 22 hours per day.
How Invisalign® Works
By following just a few simple steps, Invisalign® will transform your teeth into a remarkable smile.
- During your no-obligation consultation, Dr. Stanislaus will discuss your treatment goals and the process for achieving them. Once you and Dr. Stanislaus decide Invisalign® is the best option for you, we’ll create your personalized Invisalign® treatment plan so you can begin your journey toward a more beautiful, straighter smile.
- We’ll take digital x-rays, orthodontic photographs, and custom impressions of your teeth to create a 3D image of your mouth. These digital impressions of your bite will be submitted to the Invisalign® Laboratory. Invisalign® uses your impressions to create a series of virtually invisible plastic aligners that are custom-designed to shift your teeth into proper alignment progressively, gradually, and gently.
- Your aligners are 3D-printed and delivered to our Brooklyn office where you’ll pick them up. Each set of aligners is worn for one to two weeks. Every six to eight weeks, you’ll return to our office and pick up your next batch of aligners.
Each treatment plan is tailored to the unique needs of the patient. While no two patients are the same, most treatments can be completed in as little as three to six months. However, it may take longer depending on the complexity of each case.
Candidacy For Invisalign®
Invisalign® is the right fit for most patients because they’re invisible, comfortable, and more attractive than metal braces. Because they’re completely removable, clear aligners also allow you to practice your everyday oral hygiene routine without any hassle.
The first step to straightening your smile with clear braces is visiting Brooklyn Heights Dental for a consultation and learning whether you’re a candidate for Invisalign®. There are many common orthodontic issues that the Invisalign® system can help you correct, including:
- Crowded Teeth— Not enough space for all your teeth to fit normally
- Widely Spaced Teeth— Having too much space between one or more teeth
- Crossbite, Overbite, or Underbite— Misaligned jaw placement causing both the upper and lower jaw to line up incorrectly
- Crooked Teeth— When one or more teeth are not in line with each other
While all of these issues can easily be corrected using the Invisalign® system, it’s crucial that you visit an experienced Invisalign® provider like Dr. Stanislaus. Our dental professionals are ready to curate a customized treatment plan that will get you started on your journey towards a healthy, flawless smile.
Brooklyn’s Invisalign® Success Stories
Nicholas was always self-conscious about the spaces between his teeth and their outward protrusion. After visiting Dr. Stanislaus, Invisalign® treatment was recommended as the best course of action. The process took only nine months, and now Nicholas is ecstatic about the beautiful alignment of his teeth. He cannot stop smiling!
Marjorie had one misplaced tooth, which caused an open bite and made it difficult for her to eat most foods. She came to Brooklyn Heights Dental to start the Invisalign process. After a few short months, Marjorie’s teeth are now properly aligned, and she can indulge in all her favorite foods without restrictions.
Andrea first came to Dr. Stanislaus’ office with severe overlapping and crowding of her teeth, and an interest in Invisalign® treatment. From beginning to end, Andrea completed the entire procedure with Dr. Stanislaus in his Brooklyn practice. Now, she’s loving her new and improved smile, feeling confident for years to come.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to wear a retainer after treatment?
Can you eat with Invisalign® in?
Should you damage your Invisalign® aligner, schedule an appointment with Dr. Stanislaus at (718) 865-8320 to discuss a replacement.
Discover Invisalign® with Dr. Stanislaus
Invisalign® can treat a wide variety of common orthodontic issues such as crooked teeth, spaces between teeth, jaw problems, and more. During your no-obligation consultation, Dr. Stanislaus can accurately determine whether Invisalign® will be an effective treatment for your unique dental circumstance. Contact our Brooklyn office at (718) 865-8320 or fill out a contact form here to learn more about your new smile makeover.