Enhance the Health and Aesthetics of Your Smile
Do you have a tooth that’s broken, misshapen, decayed, infected, or completely missing? At Brooklyn Dental Heights, Dr. Stanislaus can repair your injured tooth with a traditional or same-day crown that’s designed to blend seamlessly with your smile and restore the function of your tooth.
A dental crown, or “cap,” is made of natural-looking porcelain material that delivers an aesthetically pleasing appearance and works to relieve tooth pain, rebuild its structure, and protect your overall health.
How Dr. Stanislaus Creates and Places Crowns
Receiving a dental crown is a quick and easy process that begins with a consultation so Dr. Stanislaus can determine the best treatment for your smile. In many cases, you’ll be able to come in and leave the same day with a completely rejuvenated smile.
After your consultation, here’s how the placement of your traditional or same-day dental crown will go:
- Dr. Stanislaus will begin your procedure by safely administering local anesthesia to numb your tooth and its surrounding tissue, ensuring you feel comfortable and relaxed.
- Next, we’ll remove small amounts of enamel around the affected tooth to help make sure the crown will fit properly over it. We’ll also eliminate any decayed or damaged parts of the tooth.
- Once the tooth is prepared, Dr. Stanislaus will take digital impressions of your mouth so he can create a precise treatment plan and crown that matches the shape, size, and color of your natural teeth.
- Depending on your case, we will either send your impressions to a dental lab so they can create your traditional crown or use our advanced CEREC® technology to design your same-day crown.
- Finally, we’ll place your custom crown once it’s been perfectly made to blend in with your smile. Dr. Stanislaus will also make any necessary adjustments before he permanently bonds the crown to your tooth.
Our CEREC technology allows us to provide you with the opportunity to restore your damaged tooth in just one day. You won’t have to wait for weeks to receive your final restoration anymore. CEREC custom-crafts each crown in less than an hour using its computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing (CAD-CAM) techniques.
They’re made from strong, long-lasting porcelain material that matches the natural shade of your teeth. Once Dr. Stanislaus ensures your crown fits properly and you’re happy with its appearance, he’ll permanently secure it over your affected tooth.
Are You a Candidate for Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are an ideal option for patients who want to improve the appearance of their smile while also restoring their oral health. Our traditional and same-day crowns are a great solution for you, if:
- You want to improve your chewing and bite function
- You want to strengthen your damaged tooth
- You want to maintain good oral hygiene and brush and floss without any difficulty
- You want to eliminate any sensitivity or discomfort from you affected tooth
- You want a beautiful smile that boosts self-confidence
Amy: Porcelain Crowns
Amy was ashamed to smile because of the dark color at the gumline of the crowns on her two front teeth. After coming to Dr. Eugene Stanislaus’ Brooklyn Heights Dental, Dr. Stanislaus suggested that Amy should have two new porcelain crowns. Amy is ecstatic about her new porcelain crowns and is no longer ashamed to smile!
Keith: Porcelain Crowns
Keith lost three of his front teeth due to a bicycle accident. He has been wearing an acrylic partial denture for the past four years. He is getting married and wanted to have permanent teeth. Dr. Stanislaus advised him to have implant supported porcelain crowns to replace the missing teeth. Keith was ecstatic with his new smile and will be confident taking his wedding pictures.
Radiate Your New Smile Today
Our team at Brooklyn Heights Dental can help you achieve your dream smile by repairing any damage caused by infection, decay, or trauma. With the combination of Dr. Stanislaus’ expertise and our advanced technology, you’ll be able to shine your stunning smile in as little as a day. Schedule your consultation today to begin your dental crown treatment.